Our faculty was established as a result of a decision to split the Faculty of Engineering and Architecture into two as Faculty of Engineering and Faculty of Architecture which was taken in the meeting of the council of ministers which took place in March 15, 2013.
The meeting of Higher Education Executive Council in May 22, 2013 decided on the continuation of the activities of the Department of Architecture, Department of Landscape Architecture, Department of Interior Architecture and Department of City and Regional Planning in the Faculty of Architecture.
Department of Architecture was established in 1977 as a part of Edirne State Engineering and Architecture Academy. This institution was transformed into the Faculty of Engineering and Architecture as a part of Trakya University in March 12, 1982. Its activities have been continuing in the Faculty of Architecture since March 15, 2013. The department consists of the Chairs of Building Knowledge, History of Architecture, Restoration and Structural Knowledge.
Department of Landscape Architecture was established in February 10, 2010 as a part of the Faculty of Engineering and Architecture and started undergraduate education in the 2011-2012 academic year.
Department of Interior Design and Department of City and Regional Planning were established as a part of the Faculty Engineering and Architecture. These departments do not yet admit students.
The Faculty of Architecture, which was established in April 2013, continues to educate students from Turkey and abroad with an innovative and dynamic understanding of education and a growing and developing academic staff. Studies are conducted in undergraduate, graduate and post-graduate level in the Department of Architecture and in undergraduate level in the Department of Landscape Architecture.
This content was issued on 17.01.2014 and has been viewed for 1193 times.